We are now one week into 2018, and I am FINALLY over a truly horrible cold that completely took over my winter break. I had so many plans for the first week of 2018, from starting back into my fitness regimen to studying for my remaining exams. Well, none of that has been completed (yet), but that’s okay. Health comes first! And it gave me a few extra days of down time to figure out what my 2018 goals really are!!
1. Less unproductive time on my phone! This one is at the top of my list this year. I have been spending a ridiculous amount of unproductive time on my phone the past few months and that really does need to change. So if I am on my phone, I want there to be a purpose to it. I want to stop with the endless scrolling of social media that can take up multiple hours every week and I want to spend more energy on being productive on my phone. I have so many helpful apps on my phone; Quizlet for studying, Sweat for maintaining my fitness and health, and WordPress for completing blog posts on-the-go. I want to spend more time working towards something and less time “vegging-out”.
2. Focus more energy on self wellness. For me this means focusing on both my mental and physical well being, inside and out. I am going to put more effort into eating a more balanced diet, exercising at least three times per week (even if it is just a long walk), and meditating more.
3. Maintaining a minimum of 90% in every class and graduating Hairstyling in August! This one is pretty straight forward. I will complete my assignments to the best of my ability on time and study 5 days per week. I only have two semesters left at school and then I will start my apprenticeship (hopefully) within the year.
4. Read everyday. I want to spend more time reading either books for leisure or my text book for school. Knowledge is power!
5. Maintain good sleep patterns. In the next four months, I will be waking up between 5:30 and 6am everyday for school, and this means going to sleep earlier than I have been in the past few months.
I will focus on achieving these goals throughout 2018 to help better myself both inside and out.
Until next time,
Feel free to jump on and follow any of my other social media sites:
PINTEREST: eclectic tanni